Bars of soap

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Bars of soap

Post by Stevenloan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:37 am

CBS News : Harvey Weinstein was sentenced to 23 years in prison Wednesday for his rape and criminal sex act convictions. More than 80 women, many of them in the entertainment industry, have accused Weinstein of sexual assault and harassment and six women testified against the disgraced movie producer during the weeks-long trial.

Facebooker : Ol' Harvey's next conversation with his attorney should include a request for several bars of soap-on-a-roap.

- Hi everyone! I understand the meaning of "bars of soap". But what does "bars of soap-on-a-roap" mean in this case?

Thanks a lot!

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Bars of soap

Post by trolley » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:27 am

Steve, Steve, Steve...Google "soap on a rope" and read the Wikipedia article explaining what it is. Now Google "dropping the soap in prison". Have a read and it should all become (painfully) clear.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Bars of soap

Post by Stevenloan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:48 pm

trolley : Thank you very much for your answer. In fact, before I posted I had Googled "soap on a roap" and "don't drop the soap". Now that you mention it, "roap" was a typo. I thought it was slang or something else.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC