all kinds of diisease

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

all kinds of diisease

Post by azz » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:25 pm

a. He thinks he has every kind of disease. One day he thinks he has lung cancer. The next day he thinks he has stomach cancer. And then he thinks he thinks he has liver problems. It never ends.

b. He thinks he has all kinds of disease. One day he thinks he has lung cancer. The next day he thinks he has stomach cancer. And then he thinks he thinks he has liver problems. It never ends.

c. Every kind of disease there is, he thinks he has. One day he thinks he has lung cancer. The next day he thinks he has stomach cancer. And then he thinks he thinks he has liver problems. It never ends.

Which of the above are grammatically correct and are meaningful?

The issue for me is that he never thinks that he has all kinds of disease at the same time. There is no point in time where he says: 'I have all the diseases there are.' Every time it is a different disease. But he goes through them all in the long run. That is why I am not sure that the sentences work.

Many thanks.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC