Fourth round

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Fourth round

Post by Stevenloan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:45 am

"This was my third time using Master Movers! I first found them as a recommendation from a friend, but they were so wonderful to work with that I've always gone back to them! To schedule the move, you call Conrad and explain how many rooms, stairs, etc and he will help you figure out how many people to send and give you a time and price quote. The movers are always prompt and they are just as motivated to get the job done as you are!

Master Movers helps me look forward to the move because I know that all of the heavy lifting is taken care of! (Literally and Figuratively!!)

I only have good things to say about them -- professional! careful with my belongings! and extremely helpful!

They bring wardrobe boxes for you -- so all you have to do is move the clothes from your closet to the box and back to the closet again, without messing with the hangers!

When I move again, I will absolutely be back for my fourth round! :)

Thank you, Conrad!"

- Hi everyone! I apologize because this is a rather long post. What does "back for my fourth round" mean in this situation?

Thanks a lot!

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Fourth round

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:21 pm

It means that the speaker has already used Conrad's company three times, so when he moves house again it will be for the fourth time (= "for the fourth round"). A round is the term often used to describe an iterated activity, especially in sports (e.g. "the third round of the UEFA European Championship").
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Fourth round

Post by Stevenloan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:08 am

Erik : Thanks a lot for your very easy to understand answer.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC