The pub.

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

The pub.

Post by Bobinwales » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:36 pm

A bloke in the pub told me that he had been given a locket for his birthday. He put his own photograph in it because he wanted to be independent.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Re: The pub.

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:36 pm

That reminds me of the intriguing phenomenon of sologamy, (i.e. people marrying themselves) — see, for instance, this 2017 story in The Telegraph.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Sologamy sounds an interesting concept. If she sleeps with someone, is it adultery? Can she divorce herself? If she does, can she have a maintenance order? :D

I love the fact that she chose a Unitarian church though. :wink:
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Shelley » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 pm

Bobinwales wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:36 pm
A bloke in the pub told me that he had been given a locket for his birthday. He put his own photograph in it because he wanted to be independent.
Bah-dum bump!

So, is sologamy even legal? In the U.S., could one take a "married" deduction on one's taxes? It's mighty large, compared to the deduction for an "individual".
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 am

Shelley wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 pm
So, is sologamy even legal?
In most places it's not illegal (as far as I'm aware), but it has no legal standing. So no additional deductions are available to sologamists: if they were, I assume that the vast majority of single adults would be married to themselves.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC