Nottingham

This area has been established to allow you, our visitors and contributors, to get to know one another a bit better, or to discuss subjects of general interest, without feeling obliged to restrict your postings to language-related topics. But we draw the line at floccinaucinihilivilification.

Nottingham

Post by Bobinwales » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:42 pm

After telling you about playing in Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem in Nottingham thought that I would tell you about another incident on the same trip,

I was playing for Dwy Droed Chwith (Two Left Feet) who had been invited to dance at a music festival, much of which was outdoors. Our first set was in the Main Square quite early on. We had to wait our turn, so I set off to a mobile tea and coffee stall.

You should know that I was dressed with a bright blue waistcoat, red kerchief, bowler hat and was carrying a mandolin on one shoulder and a banjo on the other.

I ordered my coffee and the lady asked, "Will you be playing later?"

I was so very tempted to tell her that I had only come in to buy a loaf of bread.
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Re: Nottingham

Post by Phil White » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:19 pm

I think you may have misunderstood her import. She probably meant "You won't be playing now, will you?"
Post actions:
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

End of topic.