Page 1 of 1


Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:03 pm
by trolley
Just read this on a blog about the US Open:
"Andreescu falls behind love-15 but Andreescu raips a pair of winners and she’s two points from the title."
She does what to a pair of winners? Precious little info on that one. The only definitions I could see were a Scottish word for rope or a measure equal to a rod. I'll admit that I don't follow tennis that much. Is it a tennis-related term? It's hard to even make a case for it being a typo. Whatever could they mean?

Re: Raip?

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:48 am
by Phil White
My guess is a typo for "raps out a couple of winners".

Somewhat unfortunate.