moiety

Discuss word origins and meanings.

Re: moiety

Post by BonnieL » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:57 am

This has been an interesting romp down the wormhole of time. :)

My first introduction to "moiety" was in Heinlein's "Citizen of the Galaxy." I had no clue what it meant, but eventually looked it up. I don't think I've run into the word again until now.
Post actions:

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:32 am

Bobinwales wrote:Someone once told me that when your moiety is angry with you all you have to do is explain to her that she is being unreasonable, and she will immediately see sense and calm down. Yes. Quite!
That's counselling gold right there.
Post actions:

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:31 am

Erik_Kowal wrote:
Bobinwales wrote:Someone once told me that when your moiety is angry with you all you have to do is explain to her that she is being unreasonable, and she will immediately see sense and calm down. Yes. Quite!
Some would say that it is bloody suicide in action.

WoZ who tried to explain something to a woman once
Post actions:
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by BonnieL » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:19 pm

Erik_Kowal wrote:
I thought this was hilarious. Read it to my husband - he didn't laugh. Oops.
Post actions:

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:51 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:
Erik_Kowal wrote:
Some would say that it is bloody suicide in action.

WoZ who tried to explain something to a woman once
Wrong kind of mansplaining, apparently.
Post actions:

End of topic.