Jala

Discuss word origins and meanings.

Jala

Post by ally81 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:46 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to find out what the word jala could mean and where it could hail from.

Also, is there any online vocabulary or dictionary to search for word meanings?

Thanks,
Ally
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Jala

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:24 pm

With no context to provide a clue, there is no way for anyone else to do more than guess about the meaning of the word you have found. You will first have to provide more information if you are hoping for help.

Click on the 'Wordwizard Home' link to see links to online dictionaries.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Jala

Post by ally81 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:15 pm

Well, its a town name in Mexico. I think it's spanish, though I've also seen it in Israel (a town named beit jala).

Sorry, I cannot provide you with text or content, for the moment. That's why I also asked for some vocabularies.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Jala

Post by aelnamer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:48 am

ally81, check this site: http://www.beit-jala.org/About%20beit%20jala1.htm
Its meaning in Aramic is Grass Carpet. Initially, I thought from the word Beit, it referred to the House of....,not sure of Jala.
In Arabic,Beit means home/house/domain.It would be interesting to find out what it means in Mexico?

Ahmed
2nd of January,2006
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Ahmed EL Namer
Dawson Creek,BC

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC