harpoon and harmonica

Discuss word origins and meanings.

Re: harpoon and harmonica

Post by Morrisstarkey » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:58 pm

Or is it The Big Joe...not Big Al. Guess Weird Al mingled with Big Joe in my brain and came out Big Al...guess that's the result of your mind on accordion music.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:20 pm

How about THIS BLOKE on a single row diatonic melodeon?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by McWizwed75 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:08 am

[quote="marie26"][quote]Yeah, that's it. The Harmonicats forever poisoned my psyche against harmonica music. Its a sad legacy.[/quote]
I had to search out who these cats were and am so glad I did. My grandmother's wedding song was one of their staple tunes. Brought back good memories. Thanks. I just called my Mom, and while it was not her wedding song, she loved it.
[/quote]

How nice that your grandmother has created a wedding song I wish on my family knows how to compose a song too. Anyway I have my band to play in my wedding reception so I guess I will play too. Hopefully, all will turn okay in my soon to be wedding besides it is only once in a lifetime for me.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Morrisstarkey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:43 pm

It's not to late McWizwed. ; )~
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Wizard of Oz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:21 am

.. damn you Bob in Wales .. I looked at that YouTube clip and loved it but just happened to see a whole range of bodhran clips .. I have now sat at my computer making lame excuses to justify me not doing my work but listening to mad Irish bodhranists (?) .. so what .. who really cares if I finish this report ???? .. ay ???

WoZ drum drum drumming

PS Thanks mate
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by dante » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:05 am

I like it BobinWales. Gives "devil-may-care" feeling to me :) The first time I've heard about "bodhran". Sounds good and I can't make up my mind if I like it even more than the standard violin and accordion combination in playing this music.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 am

I think that WoZ is going to blame me for his bodhran problems. When he, I and our lovely ladies met up in my local for a pint or six, I showed him how to play one. So, a Scots-Australian was introduced to an Irish instrument by a Welshman. Long live the Celtic Brotherhood!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC