STORY

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

STORY

Post by Archived Topic » Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:10 am

One time these Elves they went on a plane. And Bob and the Eleves palyed basketball. They were warming up after playing the Heat. The plane started to land and the Bonzi jumped off the plane to get some fresh air. Then when Dennis go in the airport everybody looked at him. Dennis had lipstick on and makeup. The lifstick color was green. His hair is pink. Dennis wears bunny ears. Everybody followed the elves in the airport. The whole team goes to Taco Bell. They all eat two chilly cheese burritos, and a medium Dr. Pepper. They all drive to the Piston's areana in my silver corvette. I go 300 miles per hour and it takes us one second to get there. When we get ther we faced to see who gets the ball and I beat them. There were 1,000 people there. They start the game. They wear piston's suites. The piston run out and after they run out the pacers run out. Will is our coach and he sings out the plays to the players. Larry is the coach of the pacers. Grant and Reggie junp for the ball. Grant tips it to me then I pass it to Scott. Scott passes it to Grant and GRant scores. And the crowd cheers very loudly. Rick passes it to Reggie. Then the elves steal it from REggie and then on of the elves dunk it. Dale gets the ball from Reggie and Dale did a lay up and he made it. Then I do a dunk form the foul linea nd we win the game. The anounser Carl, said the Pistons won there 500th strait game.
The End.
Submitted by Melinda McVey mindy (YORKTOWN - U.S.A.)
Post actions:
Signature: Topic imported and archived

STORY

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:25 am

Melinda - It's hard to say if your submission is more persuasive in prohibiting you as a nine-year-old drum majorette in biceps heaven or as a retarded LSD zonkout.

Being charitable, I conclude you most likely need a pen-pal near your own age - try 'www.teen-scene.com'.

Then come back here with a draft or two of the efforts intended for your vict- I mean, penpal. Then we can help you give your writing style a thorough, and very necessary, makeover. (Hint: That's what 'Public Scribe' is supposed to be for.)

You never know, we might even fix you up with your future elf husband!

PS - Apologies if I've got your sex wrong. I know Melinda is normally used by females, but what does that signify in these days when "Star Trek"'s cast and the British Labour Party are stuffed with guys named Mandy?
Reply from Erik Kowal (Reading - England)
Post actions:
Signature: Reply imported and archived

STORY

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:39 am

This is what sports have done for America. A pitiful state of affairs.
Reply from Kerri Quinton (Wichita - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

STORY

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 9:53 am

Being an optimist, on occasion, I think your story was done with the purpose of stirring up our bowels. Otherwise, someone should alert your "caretakers" to the fact that you have escaped.
Reply from Jason Adams (Columbia - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

STORY

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 10:08 am

Melinda, I'm a very wealthy Hollywood producer and I think I might be able to get you some sort of deal, assuming you are a beautiful young woman who is willing to sleep with me. Oh, and the elves would have to go as well.
Reply from Zachary Walls (Dixon - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

End of topic.