Abandoning The Wretched Bride

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Post by Archived Topic » Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:10 am

In the mortification of others, Christians often resurrect, for all to see, a terrible illness.

Spiritual gangrene has beset their humanity. This illness has become to them a hueristic reward. Larger increments of decay are clearly foreseen as they perpetuate such on mankind.

Their cowardly judgements are likened to meretricious humaniy, though a harlot possesses greater virtue, for she will receive that which she seeks. These have no such goal; rather their fruits are lesser; what they gain is the recognition that many have been justified in taking their leave.

Their penchant for spiritual and psycological rape has ensnared them. There is no need to affirm this, no-- it is clear from the stinch-- that "spiritual gangrene" is a correct diagnosis.

Submitted by Gorrest Fump (Anchorage - Choose a Country)
Post actions:
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:25 am

Dear Gorrest

My boy! You are indeed gravely ill. I can see you are suffering from that poignant affliction, "symptoms without a disease". This is obvious from the processes at work in your prose.

Your poor document is built from assertions devoid of evidence, theses without arguments, propositions without logic, grammar without structure, and several homeless words which have no dictionary to come from.

That was the bad news. The good news is that your condition is no worse than that of a great many of your compatriots from CAC, as you have amusingly titled your nation. Take comfort! You are NOT ALONE, my dear Gorrest. (Although I could envisage a better fate - or at least holiday - than being anchored in CAC.)

I hurry to say, though, that you could even be right about whatever it is you are writing about. It’s just that it’s so difficult to work out what that is!

Believe me, Gorrest, your freedom of speech means a great deal to me! But… where did I go wrong?

See ya sometime, who knows?

Momma

Reply from Erik Kowal (Reading - England)
Post actions:
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:39 am

Dearest Gorrest, I have no idea what you are talking about. I think you should concentrate a wee bit more on clarity, and not so much on using big words. I'm not sure you understand what you said.
Reply from Susie Gentry (Springfield - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:53 am

Gorrest: I respect your right to be obfuscatory even unto your deathless prose. Because it is fleeber to lubber a dropsy in snide with an eggplant over there, your writings will lalibate in historical claggery.
Reply from Norman Peterson (Clearwater - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:08 am

Your a lost soul sir. Immediately walk out your front door, proceed to open your eyes and with great energy search endlessly for the life that you lack.
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:22 am

Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland prose.
...dave
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:37 am

I don't understand!

Stanley Unwin
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

End of topic.