Hoo-ha

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Hoo-ha

Post by Stevenloan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:21 am

A: Gillian Anderson, 52, says she's done wearing bras even if her breasts reach her belly button.
B: It's awfully hard to drive when they are sitting in your lap. I've been huge and pendulous since I was 14, they rest on my muffin top. If not for the muffin top, they'd reach my hoo-ha. Bras are an absolute must, and Wacoal is my favored bra. Must be underwire.

- I know "hoo-ha" is a commotion or a fuss. But I don't get the part "reach my hoo-ha" in this context. What does it mean?

I am eager to receive your answers.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Hoo-ha

Post by trolley » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:51 pm

It's North American slang for vagina. I only ever heard it used in the "brouhaha" sense until about 5 years ago.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:45 pm

Yay for muffin tops!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Stevenloan » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:52 am

trolley and Erik : Thanks very much for your answers. Enjoy your day.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Phil White » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 pm

Every day is a schoolday. There's two new slang terms I learned that I hope never to have the need to use.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:30 am

Phil White wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 pmThere's two new slang terms I learned that I hope never to have the need to use.
Then you probably aren't planning to go out of your way to talk about vajayjays and vajazzling either.

Your loss! 😂
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC