Baby

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Baby

Post by Stevenloan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:55 pm

- A mother has just given birth to a baby boy in the hospital. A doctor comes and says to her "You did great. That's a lot of baby to deliver.". Does "That's a lot of baby to deliver." in this context mean "It was incredibly difficult for you to give birth to the baby."?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Baby

Post by BonnieL » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:01 pm

It would imply that the baby was a big one. Tho from my own experience I would say that babies of any size are difficult!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:24 pm

BonnieL wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:01 pm From my own experience I would say that babies of any size are difficult!
I had two babies and didn't have any trouble at either birth.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:23 pm

Bobinwales wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:24 pm
BonnieL wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:01 pm From my own experience I would say that babies of any size are difficult!
I had two babies and didn't have any trouble at either birth.
I think you might be on to something with this childbirth subcontracting operation, Bob:

"No job too large for our expanding business. Our experienced contractor will handle everything for you".
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:46 pm

Do you think that I could patent the idea Erik?
Or has it already been done?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Erik_Kowal » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:56 pm

Alas, I don't think so. However, you could still monetize the process if you can establish a relationship with an entity that will pay you for being a sperm donor.

Good luck! 😛
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Stevenloan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:02 am

BonnieL, Bob and Erik : Thank you guys so much for your replies. I am sorry for my late answer. Have a good weekend.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC