What do you call this kind of person?

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

What do you call this kind of person?

Post by Stevenloan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 am

Hi everybody! What adjectives or phrases do you use to call a person who curses a lot and says slutty things?

Thanks a lot!

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: What do you call this kind of person?

Post by tony h » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:45 pm

There are a whole lot of variations here. You may need to be more precise or give examples.

Cursing by some people simply fills out the space in their speech. In others it is very directed (at a person or thing) , designed as an attack.
There are scenarios.

"Say slutty things": are these about themselves, to another in private, about another in public, as a form of humour?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Post by Ken Greenwald » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:17 am

Steve,

A few words that readily come to mind are foulmouth, potty-mouth, cusser, and curser.

Ken Greenwald - March 8, 2019
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Stevenloan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:06 am

- tony h : Thanks for asking. Cursing or swearing here is about filling out the space in their speech and being very directed at a person or thing. Saying slutty things here is about themselves and to another in private and public, not as a form of humour.

- Ken: Thank you so much for the terms. They are really helpful.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Shelley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:00 pm

If people use the same three or four "curse" words to punctuate their speech, fill in blank spaces, and directly insult others, it's often because they don't have a rich and more diverse vocabulary. In the case of those people, I would call them under-educated, ignorant, dimwitted, or lazy dungeon-heads.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Stevenloan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Shelley: Thanks so much for the alternatives. They are interesting.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC