Eggs

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Eggs

Post by Stevenloan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:46 am

https://thucthan.com/media/2018/07/trun ... cai-gi.jpg (The first picture)

Hi guys! Do you have a name or a term for the egg ceramic holder in the picture?

Thanks very much!

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Eggs

Post by trolley » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:17 pm

The holder is called an egg cup...but you probably won't find many people eating balut (hột vịt lộn) from them, over here.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by tony h » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:07 pm

… and if you wish to collect them then you may call yourself a pocillovist. Practicing pocillovy is a recent coinage which has not yet made it to the OED but is used fondly by the fraternity (I am told).
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Post by Stevenloan » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:19 am

trolley : Thanks a lot for your answer. Do you eat balut from an egg cup? tony h : Thanks so much for the new word "pocillovist". It's great to learn new and interesting English words. Are you a pocillovist?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by trolley » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:52 pm

No, Steven. I don't think I could.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by tony h » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Stevenloan wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:19 am
trolley : Thanks a lot for your answer. Do you eat balut from an egg cup? tony h : Thanks so much for the new word "pocillovist". It's great to learn new and interesting English words. Are you a pocillovist?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC