Game

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Game

Post by Stevenloan » Tue May 22, 2018 7:14 am

Hi guys! Woman A and woman B wear revealing clothes to a nightclub, they can skip the line in front of the nightclub and get in the nightclub very easily although there are lots of people waiting in line outside. Woman A is surprised and says to woman B:

Woman A: So easy.
Woman B: All you've got to do is show some tits and you're game.

I checked the meaning of "game" online but it has quite a lot of meanings. What is its exact meaning in this case?

Thanks a lot!

StevenLoan
Post actions:

Re: Game

Post by trolley » Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 pm

I'm not sure I've heard it used that way before. Game has many definitions but to say that "I am game " or "you are game" usually means to be up for a challenge. You are in agreement, ready and willing to participate.

"We're heading to the pub for a couple and then over to Bob's for a bit of poker. Are you game?"
"Oh, I'm game."

To "have game" is to be skilled or highly competent at something. It carries an air of suaveness or smoothness and is often associated with flirtatiousness. Someone who is very good at wooing potential romantic partners is said to "have game."

In your example I would have expected to hear "...show some tits and you're golden"
Here, "golden" means that you have won, you have achieved your goal, you got what you wanted.

"Just push Control, Alt, Delete and you're golden".
Post actions:

Post by Bobinwales » Wed May 23, 2018 11:13 pm

I don't know "golden", but, "you're game" in that particular case has a sexual connotation to me.
Last edited by Bobinwales on Tue May 29, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Stevenloan » Mon May 28, 2018 4:12 pm

trolley and Bob : I apologize for the late reply. Thank you so much for your help.
Post actions:

End of topic.