not the same time

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

not the same time

Post by azz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 am

Can one say
a. We'll all die at some point in time, but it won't be the same time for all of us.

b. We'll all die at some point in time, but it won't be the same point in time for all of us.

?

Many thanks.
Post actions:

Re: not the same time

Post by Bobinwales » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:50 pm

Yes.
But why would you want to?
Post actions:
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Re: not the same time

Post by tony h » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:24 am

Bobinwales wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:50 pm
Yes.
But why would you want to?
With the first dull light of the 22nd April 1915 the town of Ypres started the daily habit of living. Some way further forward Captain Bob wrote to his mother. "Dearest Mother, I have left this to be posted in case I don't make it. Don't cry for me but cry for the stupidity of mankind that has forced us into this. We'll all die at some point in time, but it won't be the same time for all of us. Everyone is aware that that point, for many, will be today. Remember us in those that return, in the flowers of the fields and the freedoms of our countries but most of all in the children who will build a better world. For me it is no sacrifice to die to protect those things I love. Your loving son, Bob."

Does that work?
Post actions:
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

End of topic.