Page 1 of 1


Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:04 pm
by Stevenloan
Hi everybody! What do you call the two long red lines of the sword in the following link? ... sword.html

Your answers will be highly appreciated.


Re: Swords

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:47 pm
by Erik_Kowal

I would call those tassels.

Re: Swords

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:48 pm
by Bobinwales
I would call the ones on the sword tassels as well, but the one on the scabbard could be called a frog.

Re: Swords

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:26 am
by tony h ... e-tassels/

Interesting. My fencing days are well behind me and I couldn't see why you would have a tassel. It would put the balance out. But it appears from the above article that the tassel is designed to bring back the point of balance to allow for slow motion displays.

Oh, and, now I have looked them up, I would call them a tassel or maybe a longquan (if I felt brave enough).

Re: Swords

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:24 am
by Stevenloan
Erik, Bob and tony h : Thank you all very much for the terms. I really appreciate it.