Page 1 of 1

Airport pipe

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:01 pm
by Stevenloan
Hi you guys! What do you call the gray huge pipe that from the waiting room customers go through it to get into the airplane in the following link (The final picture)? ... 29237/433/

Your answers will be highly appreciated.


Re: Airport pipe

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:41 pm
by tony h
An airbridge.

Merry Christmas!

Re: Airport pipe

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:05 pm
by Erik_Kowal
Wikipedia says:

"A jet bridge (also termed jetway, gangway, aerobridge/airbridge, air jetty, portal, skybridge, or its official industry name, passenger boarding bridge (PBB)) is an enclosed, movable connector which most commonly extends from an airport terminal gate to an airplane, and in some instances from a port to a boat or ship, allowing passengers to board and disembark without going outside or being exposed to the elements. Depending on building design, sill heights, fueling positions, and operational requirements, a jet bridge may be fixed or movable, swinging radially and/or extending in length."
I echo the seasonal greetings of Tony and other regular visitors.

Best wishes to you, Steven, and to all the other contributors and visitors to this site!

Re: Airport pipe

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:22 am
by Stevenloan
tony h and Erik : Thank you two very much for the terms. Merry Christmas and best wishes to you two and the other members of this forum.