Airport pipe

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Airport pipe

Post by Stevenloan » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi you guys! What do you call the gray huge pipe that from the waiting room customers go through it to get into the airplane in the following link (The final picture)?

http://pda.vietbao.vn/The-gioi/Anh-noi- ... 29237/433/

Your answers will be highly appreciated.

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Airport pipe

Post by tony h » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:41 pm

An airbridge.

Merry Christmas!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Post by Erik_Kowal » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Wikipedia says:

"A jet bridge (also termed jetway, gangway, aerobridge/airbridge, air jetty, portal, skybridge, or its official industry name, passenger boarding bridge (PBB)) is an enclosed, movable connector which most commonly extends from an airport terminal gate to an airplane, and in some instances from a port to a boat or ship, allowing passengers to board and disembark without going outside or being exposed to the elements. Depending on building design, sill heights, fueling positions, and operational requirements, a jet bridge may be fixed or movable, swinging radially and/or extending in length."
------------
I echo the seasonal greetings of Tony and other regular visitors.

Best wishes to you, Steven, and to all the other contributors and visitors to this site!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Stevenloan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:22 am

tony h and Erik : Thank you two very much for the terms. Merry Christmas and best wishes to you two and the other members of this forum.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC