Page 1 of 1

Upper beds

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:34 am
by Stevenloan
Hi you guys! What do you call the kind of two upper beds in the cabin in the following link? They have no legs and are stuck to the wall on one side. ... ell-you/2/

Your answers would be greatly appreciated.


Re: Upper beds

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:01 am
by tony h
I am not sure there is a specific name but ...
  • where beds are arranged one above another they are bunk beds. Individually they are the top bunk and bottom bunk.
  • where the bed can be folded against the wall they are folding or retractable.
  • where they are wall-hung they are cantilever or wall hung!
So I would just join those together as appropriate: cantilevered top-bunk.

Re: Upper beds

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:05 pm
by Stevenloan
tony h : Thanks a lot for your answer. It really helps.