Oh zero, my hero

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Oh zero, my hero

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:44 pm

Erik: By no consensus, that means the UK has not achieved total the social nirvana of multiculturalism? Or is this another case of contention between the "haves and the have naughts (nots, noughts,zeros, ohs, nadas, zips, zilchers)? *WG*

c: Oh, oh! (The exclamation, not the zero!). I guess I shouldn't have mentioned sleeping in a barracks with a lot of flatulent men! *G*
Reply from Leif Thorvaldson (Eatonville - U.S.A.)
Post actions:
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Oh zero, my hero

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:13 pm

Yes, Leif, better to keep silent about all your deadly old farts. I think we could all reach a cons(c)ensus on that point, even with ourselves.

BTW, I notice that you have not yet dragged the Huguenots into this learnedly nihilistic multicultural discourse. (I believe the term is pronounced 'hug-you-not', which is, by coincidence, almost the opposite of 'forget-me-not'... But this is getting complicated, so you'd better leave 'me' out of it again! *G*)

-- Erik Kowal
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

Oh zero, my hero

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:27 pm

Yes, and I think we should attempt a more "positive" tone here. I don't know what it is about your Old Lady, Erik, bringing up such a negative topic. You must not be beating her the requisite twice daily to keep her cheerful! However, I don't think giving out her zipcode or numbers with zero in them will ever be quite the same! *G*
Reply from Leif Thorvaldson (Eatonville - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

End of topic.