High CC

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

High CC

Post by Stevenloan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:29 pm

- My close friend are crazy about motorcycles with high cubic centimetres and my grandfather is into motorcycles with low cc.

- Does this sentence sound good at all? :)

Thanks a lot!

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: High CC

Post by PhilHunt » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:46 pm

My close friend are is crazy about powerful motorcyclesbikes with high cubic centimetres and my grandfather is into low cc bikes.

This is obviously an informal sentence, so you need to reduce the repetition and be less technical about what cc means. Any bike enthusiast would know what it means; you wouldn't have to spell it out for them.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: That which we cannot speak of, must be passed over in silence...or else tweeted.

Post by Edwin F Ashworth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Steven's grandfather sounds like quite a guy!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:40 pm

Yes, he's in the video that Steven linked to in another recent thread, Lift up the front wheel?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Edwin F Ashworth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm especially impressed by the wheelie-arch.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Stevenloan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Dear Erik and Edwin F Ashworth!

- You guys are so funny :) My grandpa is not the man in the video. He passed away a long time ago. When he was alive, he was into Harley and racing motorcycles from Japan. Are you guys huge fans of powerful motorbikes? :)

Best regards,

StevenLoan
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC