Right tomorrow

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Right tomorrow

Post by STEVENSAKURA » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:44 am

- This morning James proposed to Jenny. She just could nod her head because she was speeches with happiness, and they decided to celebrate their wedding right tomorrow.

- Do these sentences sound natural enough? :)

Thanks a lot!

StevenSakura
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: Right tomorrow

Post by russcable » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 am

She just could nod her head - usually she could shake her head really hard but today she could just nod.
She could only nod her head - nodding her head was the only thing she could do.
"speechless" is probably good by itself. "Speechless with happiness" sounds odd to me.
She was so happy that she was speechless and could only nod her head.
Period. The next sentence isn't closely related and, in writing, I wouldn't join them with "and". Some people when speaking will join every single sentence with "and" as if it means "the next thing that happened was".
They decided to get married tomorrow. "Right tomorrow" isn't possible. "Celebrate their wedding" sounds a bit formal. Also, you can get married by a judge with only 2 witnesses, but a wedding celebration with flowers, guests, food usually takes some time to arrange. In some places, you can't get married without a waiting period after you get the license. Here in Texas, it's 72 hours (3 days).
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by McWizwed75 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 am

[quote="russcable"]....
They decided to get married tomorrow. "Right tomorrow" isn't possible. "Celebrate their wedding" sounds a bit formal. Also, you can get married by a judge with only 2 witnesses, but a wedding celebration with flowers, guests, food usually takes some time to arrange. In some places, you can't get married without a waiting period after you get the license. Here in Texas, it's 72 hours (3 days).[/quote]

I think it is possible in Las Vegas now to get married to a person with only planning it in 24 hours. I think it is called Civil wedding many of the people now because it only needs a small amount of cash and then you are now married. For me I still stick to church wedding though because I think it is more formal and public than civil wedding.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by russcable » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 pm

russcable wrote: In some places, ...
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC