It's on me

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

It's on me

Post by STEVENSAKURA » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:00 am

- If I want to invite someone to go somewhere to eat something, I'll say "My treat!". But If I want to invite someone to go to the movies, go to the theater or to go for a drink, I'll say these, right? :)

"I'll pay" "It's on me" "I'm buying"

Thanks very much!

LOVEHANGSTEVEN
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: It's on me

Post by minjeff » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:42 am

"I'm buying" sounds weird to me. The others including "My treat" are interchangeable in my opinion.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Letters go together to make words; words go together to make phrases, and phrases sentences, but only in certain combinations. In others they're just non-sense.

Post by Erik_Kowal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:32 am

"I'm buying" sounds OK to me. I've encountered it in both the UK and the USA.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Wizard of Oz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:39 am

.. Steven if you were in Australia you could also add My shout to the list ..

WoZ in Aus
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC