Malpropisms and Spoonerisms

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Post by dalehileman » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:39 pm

In another board like this one but perhaps not so liberal as WW (which however in the interest of minimizing internecine warfare I cloak in the pseudonym EtaSmog) Admin requested a contributor to delete a post considered in its rigorous protocol to be excessively political in undertone. Here was the contributor's reply:

Perhaps so but alas alack I can't delete it because for some reason your algorithm won't let me. Or, quoting GWB:

"This case has had full analyzation and has been looked at a lot....[But] I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating"
Or, paraphrasing another Presidential Pronouncement, I understand that unrest in EtaSmog "...creates unrest throughout the region," while "If you're asking me...would I understand reality, I do"

So, as I said earlier, please do exercise your duty to delete it from your perch high above mine [as after all it's your loss not mine]; because in the words of our Maximum Leader, "I can't think of anything more deep than that right"

In my profound relief afforded by EtaSmog's action in resolving this matter I feel as George did when he said, "I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend"
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Wizard of Oz » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:47 am

.. Dale I give you full, unbridled permission to delete this load of unmitigated slurry from the board .. do you genuinely believe that it has ANY relevance or meaning for the WW site ?? ..

WoZ in confusion 09/02/08
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC