possessive

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

possessive

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:53 pm

Or they might just have eaten something, shot you and left.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

possessive

Post by gdwdwrkr » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:02 am

Who IS that masked man!!??
Its Possessive Man, apostle to apostrophe apostate's!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

possessive

Post by Shelley » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:12 am

El Oh El, Erik!
Seems the Corrections Officers could have handled this problem, dontchathink?
kagriffy, I know, I know, I know how you feel. My latest:
They did some touch-up painting in my building last week. The sign in the elevator read something like: "Caution on the 17th floor. Door's and window's have been painted."
Grrr . . .
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

possessive

Post by Erik_Kowal » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:02 am

Amazing that they did not also scrawl "pain'ted".
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

possessive

Post by Quoc » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:48 am

Hi,

I don't understand.
In short, please tell me, in my original sentence, with the word policy, if I use a or the, what's wrong?

Do you agree with me that a and the in this case are also correct (that means a /the specific policy) ? (I'd say correct but not usual)

If you don't agree, please explain me.

Quoc

PS: The use of articles is difficult for me.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC