Correct Intro

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

Correct Intro

Post by spiritus » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:37 am

Hippocratic Oath indeed! Darn snakes are everywhere.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Che Baraka

Correct Intro

Post by tony h » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:58 pm

On topic, just for the hell of it. In the circumstances of a late replacement speaker: And now a man who needs no introduction ; Professor Cavendish.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: tony

I'm puzzled therefore I think.

Correct Intro

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:00 pm

Professor Cavendish should have stayed in his laboratory.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Correct Intro

Post by spiritus » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:26 am

Edwin, I will promptly convey your declarative 'suggestion' to Professor Cavendish.

BTW, I'm attending a seance next week. If by chance, David Hume, Alfred Ayer, or the mysterious A.H. Basson are channelled through the 'medium', are there any other pithy directives you would like to share?

P.S. Your use of the modal verb 'should', indicating the assumed rightness of your opinion will, without doubt, prompt Professor Cavendish to ask, "why?". It would be most helpful to me were you to explain, in detail, if your statement is generated by 'individual belief', 'social fact', 'veritistic epistemology', or your perceived reality of a transcendent truth? Qualifying your advice, will provide Prof. Cavendish with the means to evaluate its value or non-value and his compliance or non-compliance with your suggestion. In any case, I look forward to your courteous and well-thought-out response.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Correct Intro

Post by gdwdwrkr » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:01 pm

Spiritus
Nice hyphen-use!
I do hope the Professor can time-travel. It should have proven helpful in his compliance with Edwin's suggestion.
And how did the intro go Saturday evening?

I trust la gaucha is still on-board.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Correct Intro

Post by spiritus » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:07 am

gdwdwrkr wrote: Spiritus
Nice hyphen-use!
A share preference. Thank you.
gdwdwrkr wrote:
I do hope the Professor can time-travel. It should have proven helpful in his compliance with Edwin's suggestion.
Knowhere you are. Knowhere you have been.
gdwdwrkr wrote:
And how did the intro go Saturday evening?
Very well.
gdwdwrkr wrote:
I trust la gaucha is still on-board.
As do I.
Knowhere you are. Knowhere you have been.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC