analogy vs metaphor

This is the place to post questions and discussions on usage and style. The members of the Wordwizard Clubhouse will also often be able to help you to formulate that difficult letter.

analogy vs metaphor

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:49 pm

Is this the new gas masts I have been hearing so much about?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

analogy vs metaphor

Post by Ken Greenwald » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:03 pm

The spread of which is known as mastasasis.

Ken G – March 23, 2005
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

analogy vs metaphor

Post by Edwin Ashworth » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:56 pm

The new naval jet-boats are supposed to be top secret, Erik. There must have been a leak.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: analogy vs metaphor

Post by ChoiceMad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Please forgive this revival but I must acknowledge that this is among the top three threads that I have ever read. I strive to attain a fraction of the skill and knowledge displayed here. Thank you for your efforts.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: analogy vs metaphor

Post by Wizard of Oz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 am

.. Daniel (ChoiceMad) perhaps you would like a main of hermeneutic discussion of why you should've stayed the hell away from that lion's den ?? .. with a side of exegesic analogies ?? ..

WoZ the sinner
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC