cigar is a cigar, but a woman is a …

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Post by Archived Reply » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:25 am

Erik, And so we’ve come full circle. A women is just a women, but there’s nothing like a good cigar with your mom!

Ken – November 7, 2003

Reply from Ken Greenwald (Fort Collins, CO - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:39 am

You know how I hate to part hairs, Ken, but Anna was old Siggy's daughter, not his ma.

On the other hand, if it will make you happy, I will agree with you that "a women is just a women". We mans will be mans!
Reply from Erik Kowal ( - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:53 am

Damn. Anna and Amalia both begin and end in ‘a.’ Close, but no cigar. Probably a Freudian slip!– scratch the mother thing. Well, to avoid any further controversy let me offer up the following closing thought, which I think we can all agree upon, which brings some closure to the original posting, which is politically correct and hopefully will not offend any of our more sensitive readers, “a cigar is a cigar, but a women ain’t a man!” (<:)

Ken G – November 7, 2003

Reply from Ken Greenwald (Fort Collins, CO - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:08 am

Kipling obviously hadn't heard of cigarette girls. I see I've missed a fun debate on waccy baccy - unlike Erik, I haven't been on the parterre, I've been trying to uncover the rumour that can't be mentioned.
Edwin A Tower of London
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:22 am

Yes, Edwin, out of the deepest respect for what Ken rightly terms 'our more sensitive readers' (cf. the posting immediately preceding yours), we have been skirting any unmentionable revelations. Over to you, perhaps..?
Reply from Erik Kowal ( - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:37 am

His Havanna is with Ivanna.
Ahmed
BC Canada
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:51 am

Well, it turns out that there was no truth in the one about a recent US President and King Edward. It was some guy called Panatella instead. With regard to the present brouhaha, I expect to be joined in the Tower by Mssrs Hislop and Merton after tonight's (Friday's) Royal Rumble on "Have I Got News for You".
Somebody probably lost their temper when the word butlee was introduced into a discussion. Oh to be in BC with Ahmed or Havanna with Ivanna, Edwin
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:05 am

Edwin,I do not mind the visit especially from an English chap but you would probably want to stick with Havanna in Ivanna (...no that did not sound right). I do not think that any one's Panatella or Havanna would survive the cold weather (-15 to -20 Degrees Celsius, considered warm for this time of the year) if you have, in an emergency, to relieve your self out doors. Believe me I have tried with great difficulty. So, how did your night go at the tower?

Ahmed
BC , Canada

Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:20 am

Well, not too badly I suppose, thankyou, Ahmed - but I wouldn't lose my head over it. I plan to escape by setting off the alarm system for the Crown Jewels, and leaving disguised as a Beefeater. I'll need a pikestaff and some dill pickles.
I wonder if being a vegetarian disqualifies you from being a Tower Guard?
Never smoke in an igloo, regards, Edwin
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC