host

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

host

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:41 pm

God always strives for a host of good humans:

A host of good mothers.
A host of good fathers.
A host of good sisters.
A host of good brothers.
A host of good friends.
A host of good citizens.
A host of good posters..

Al

Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

host

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:56 pm

to "ea" never thought of it as a science question though and i guess u can say i am a bit of a maverick :) jason
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

host

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:10 pm

That's OK _ so is Eric. Have you tried the "Sciencesorcerer" Website? (If it doesn't exist, it should do.) Mind you, most scientists I know couldn't organise a stampede in a Serengeti:) Edwin
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

host

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:25 pm

A host can also be just one. For example parasites can be found upon a host.

Also if you are at a party, that is attended by a host of people, the person who threw the bash is called a host.

Sam 05/11/03

Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

host

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:39 pm

Am I a journalist? I'm not sure. I've written for magazines, but often felt I was more of a PR hack than a journalist. I'd probably define myself as an editor (books, magazines, other publications), although I'm currently working as a technical writer on a computer software project. As for seeing my name, if you're not from the Deep South of the US, or familiar with sewing and crocheting publications, or read trade magazines on things like small construction projects or medical education, you probably haven't seen my name in print.

Lois, November 5
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

host

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:53 pm

Can you throw a bash and still have a hurly night?
Not EA (so I don't get a pun-ishing riposte).
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

host

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:08 pm

Lois Super resume. My question didn't deserve an answer, being typically tongue-in-cheek. The only Lois most of us Brits believe lives and exclusivises in America, does so in Metropolis. Admittedly, she rarely flies to the defence of a colleague - it's usually the other way round.
I'll keep an eye open for your byline next time I'm trying to find a way to lose weight that doesn't involve undue hardship
:) Edwin :)
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

host

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:22 pm

Sorry I missed the joke. Still looking for Clark.

Lois
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC