English english?

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:05 pm

Please name some "religious fundamentalists of the left".
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:20 pm

I will now apologize for the previous posts. My goal was neither be polemic nor vitriolic.

I have now addressed the wrongness of George Bush's draft dodging. There is another lie that is not so polemic as the first I stated, such as George Bush's claim to reduce the size of Government and Government spending.

Now, there is another matter that we have been tip toeing around, but never have been asked outright, but I will forthrightly volunteer it. I am a Christian. I believe Jesus Christ is the Messsiah, the one and only true Son of God. I believe he died on the cross in my place for the forgiveness of sin, and that it is only through confession of sin to Him and by faith in Him that by His grace am I saved from sin, and that He is the only path to God.

Having said all that to represent clearly where I stand when it comes to my faith and to say the guy who murdered the abortion doctor is a wacko and a wing-nut and does not represent Christianity.

I ask your forgiveness for my curtness in previous posts and going forward I promise to elevate the dialogue.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:34 pm

Can you suggest how to distinguish your religious beliefs
from a suicide terrorist? Since you cant, the conclusion is
that your beliefs are irrational, and you have been brainwashed, as has the suicide terrorist. Reaching this conclusion is the result of real education, not the trash
taught in public schools.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:49 pm

You have assumed that I can not distinguish my religious beliefs from a suicide terrorist. I most certainly can.

My religious belief does not tell me to kill innocent women and children. There is nothing in the Bible about killing the infidel where they stand. It is a faith that is to be spread by kindness. More hospitals, and charities have been started by that faith than any other. My beliefs are very rational.

I've already been through University and out in the real world earning a living for quite some time so your real education theory doesn't hold water either. You keep saying about brainwashing, yet I have continually told you have read both opinions and find the truth out for myself, which proves that you have not been listening.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:17 pm

Certainly I can.

Love your neighbor as yourself, and to pray for your enemies is at the opposite end of the spectrum for kill the infidel where they stand. If there are any Muslims reading this please realize I am not referring to Islam as a whole, but the extreme factions. The 5 pillars of Islam differ greatly from the fatwahs that are being issued.

Finally we agree on something. The public school system is abysmal.

Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:32 pm

And the reason it is nadiral is that is not intended to educate, but to inculcate the values of the greedy swine that are only interested in perpetuating their power.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:46 pm

Fearless leader Shrub graduated from Yale & Harvard; a display of typical arrogance by those two institutions.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:01 am

EVERY RELIGIOUS ZEALOT BELIEVES HIS IS THE ONLY TRUE BELIEF.
SINCE THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE, THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY ALL FALSE AND NONE CAN PROVE HIS BRAND IS ANY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:15 am

It is possible. It has been proven. God does not need me to defend Him.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:29 am

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT PROOF MEANS, FOOL.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:44 am

Yes Harvard is known for its arrogance graduating the likes of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the elder Oliver Wendell Holmes. Harvard is known for its strong right wing graduating Franklin Delanoe Roosevelt, and communist traitor Alger Hiss just to name two.

Yale and its arrogance graduating such people as Eli Whitney, Samuel Morse, James Fenimore Cooper, William Clinton, and Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

English english?

Post by Archived Reply » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:58 am

Lazy and apathetic parents, teachers, and/or students are what often contribute to the failing of public schools in America. Also a lack of subject matter experts in the classroom contributes. It certainly isn't from lack of funding.

Greedy swine? Do you feel that anyone and everyone that has wealth obtained it by ill means?
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: English english?

Post by Erik_Kowal » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:22 am

I must update my assertion that Bush 43 is or was the worst US president of this century. That considerable honour now goes to Dolt 45.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: English english?

Post by BonnieL » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:28 pm

Erik_Kowal wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:22 am
I must update my assertion that Bush 43 is or was the worst US president of this century. That considerable honour now goes to Dolt 45.
I hadn't made up my mind which was the worst president - Bush 43 or Harding. Now they're tied for 2nd place.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC