nigger in a woodpile

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Topic » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:34 pm

i heard a co-worker use this expression and i just want to know what it means and the origin of it. any useful information or insight would be appreciated. thanx
Submitted by ( - )
Post actions:
Signature: Topic imported and archived

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:49 pm

Dear X-namer, Here’s an insight: This might sound like a silly thing to do, but try reading and following the basic rules of the game (that’s that writing over on the left hand side of the page) and you will discover some useful information including the fact that we have previously discussed this subject AD NAUSEAM!
Reply from Ken Greenwald (Fort Collins, CO - U.S.A.)
Post actions:
Signature: Reply imported and archived

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:03 pm

hey bite me here's an insight, dont be sarcastic when you advertise that you can provide an answer to a legitimate question. i couldnt find the damn question, if thats a sign of my own incompetance than sobeit but otherwise answer the damn question. x-namer
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:17 pm

Sobeit!
Reply from Ken Greenwald (Fort Collins, CO - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:32 pm

Maybe he meant "sobeit me..."
Reply from Shay Simmons (Colfax - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:46 pm

It mean someone else had his hand in an event.
Some story is a bit far fetch or doesn't seem clear, possibly there was an outside influence we don't know of.
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:01 pm

I think that Ken Greenwald from Fort Collins is a dick ass!!!!!!!!!!! You goddam idiot shut up and dont be such a queer when people ask questions to you. Be nice and answer! :) have a niiiiiiiice day...

~Barbie
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:15 pm

For a sight that is dedicated to lovers of the English language, it is certainly getting abused by individuals who obviously know nothing about it (particulary the Mr./Mrs. No Names or "––"). Secondly, to "––" number one, also known as X- Namer, what type of establishment do you work for where your co-workers say things like that? Never mind, I can do a better job at guessing. He/she didn't give you a hint of its definition by the way it was used in a sentence? As for the others, some who shall remain nameless, (no pun intended), remember, it is better for one to suspect your stupidity than for you to open your mouth and leave no doubt. You should be getting the jist in 5, 4, 3, 2, . . ."
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:29 pm

For a sight that is dedicated to lovers of the English language, it is certainly getting abused by individuals who obviously know nothing about it (particulary the Mr./Mrs. No Names or "––"). Secondly, to "––" number one, also known as X- Namer, what type of establishment do you work for where your co-workers say things like that? Never mind, I can do a better job at guessing. He/she didn't give you a hint of its definition by the way it was used in a sentence? As for the others, some who shall remain nameless, (no pun intended), remember, it is better for one to suspect your stupidity than for you to open your mouth and leave no doubt. You should be getting the jist in 5, 4, 3, 2, . . ."

Chris
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:44 pm

So Ken is now getting abused by Barbie, eh? This should be entertaining! *G*
Reply from Erik Kowal ( - England)
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:58 pm

Has the gentleman wanker been playing with his dolls again?
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:13 pm

The good people who operate this site are not being paid. They're certainly not being paid to answer the same, rudely asked question, repeatedly, when there is a simple tool available for finding the answer your self.

Ken, Erik, et all, I apologize for the flame. It probably won't happen again.
Reply from J Johnson (Red Deer - Canada)
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:27 pm

Which simple tool? Ken or Erik?
Reply from ( - )
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:41 pm

Ok..........I need some ones help. I have a writing assignment due and need a topic. It is a definition paper. Pleas help me!

Reply from Nicole Nicole (Riddle - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

nigger in a woodpile

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:56 pm

Suicide is regarded as an honorable way out if you find your assignment too challenging.
Reply from ( - )
Post actions: