I am a minister and would love some help with this letter

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Post by Archived Topic » Tue Jan 01, 2002 3:39 am

6 Sheffield Dr.
Easthampton, MA 01027
5-24-04
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

It has been a while since we have seen or talked with some of you. Some of you we have had the pleasure to see and spend time with. You are all in our thoughts and prayers often and we are thankful for the relationships that God has established.

Time passes so quickly. Sometimes it seems like only yesterday it was Super Bowl Sunday, January 1993 when we held our first service at ECC ( which was then God is Love Believer’s Church). Patty was pregnant with Tyler, and Lindsay was not yet three years old. Memories are powerful, and can transport us back in time to events both happy and sad. We have so many memories shared with you. Memories of child births, weddings, church picnics, the annual Christmas banquet and of course escaped cows walking through the church parking lot on a sunny Sunday morning. I know that all of us can think back to times that can make us smile and laugh. Unfortunately, there were times that broke our hearts. Times that we hope never come, but always do. Some of the hardest times for us in the ministry were those spent in Emergency Rooms, and reading the last scripture beside the grave of one of our loved ones. These times seem to bring the family together and it is in these times that we reach out to help each other. A prayer, a hug, a shoulder to cry on, words spoken to comfort and sharing the love of Christ. It was in those times that I was so proud and privileged to be your Pastor.

Here we are, its May 24, 2004, five months from my last day in the pulpit at ECC. Our friend time passes relentlessly. He does not seem to care or to know that we have so much to do, so many places to go, so many tasks to accomplish.

I believe with all of my heart that in each season of life God puts people into your path. They are there for you to love, to be a friend, to be a comfort, to share your life with and to help you grow. We are so glad that in this season of our lives that is ending you were there. You are the part that makes the season memorable. Just like each season of the year has a part that makes it so wonderful. Spring has those first warm days that bring back the feeling of the sun on your face. Summer has swimming, picnics in the park and family cook outs. Fall has the beautiful colors of the leaves. Winter always has that great first snow fall. So many things have transpired over these past months and we want you to know that we love you all and that you will be in our prayers both now and forever.

As you may well know, we are moving into another season. God has placed in our hearts to plant a new church. We will be moving to Frisco, TX in July. Our plan is to start the new church in September. We do not have a building yet, but God has provided two hundred church chairs, and some office furniture. We are also planning on sending out ten thousand invitations to our first service. We have also been blessed with free advertising on the radio.

We are planning on starting a newsletter. We would love to keep in contact with you. We would also love to hear from you and share in the things God is doing in your lives. However, we do not want to assume that all of you want to be on our mailing list.

If you desire to stay in touch with us you can give us a call or drop us a note. Since we do not have an exact moving date, please send letters to our Easthampton address.. If we have moved, your note will simply be forwarded to us.

Once again we pray God’s rich blessings on your life. If we do not have the opportunity to see you or talk to you we hope that in some way we touched a part of your life for I know that you touched ours.

In Christ

Steven & Patty Lee

6 Sheffield Dr. 820 Table Rock Dr.
Easthampton, MA 01027 Prosper, TX 75078
413 527-3859 Sorry no phone # yet

Submitted by Steven Lee (Easthampton - U.S.A.)
Post actions:
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Jan 01, 2002 3:53 am

I think you are good to go with this, Pastor. I wouldn't want to change anything. Perhaps the other Wizzes might have a thing or two to say about it, but I would give you high marks for this letter and its purpose.
Reply from Leif Thorvaldson (Eatonville - U.S.A.)
Post actions:
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:08 am

Pastor:
Very nice indeed. The only thing I would suggest is a prayer together. Here is my suggestion to be placed in between the last paragraph and the words "In Christ."

"Let us pray together:
O God, give us serenity to accept what cannot be changed,
courage to change what should be changed,
and wisdom to distinguish one from the other."

Reply from Bruce Capwell (Boston, Ma - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:22 am

Steven: You write well, but surely God is not so smarmy as you assume. Surely She has a sense of humor
Reply from dale hileman (Apple Valley, CA - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:37 am

So Dale, there are two God's, one male, one female?
Reply from Felix Scribe (Earth, Delware - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:51 am

Felix: I'm not altogethr sure
Reply from dale hileman (Apple Valley, CA - U.S.A.)
Post actions:

End of topic.