Complaint letter about sexual harassment

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 28, 2001 2:13 am

All jokes aside Ms. Snowman, I think you should "PONY UP" go directly to him and pose your discomfort.Tell him precisely what is on your your concience. You can't live your life being afraid.Make sure your in a public place,use tact and get right to the point.For all you know you could be reading him wrong and possibly crucify an inocent man.Worst case scenario your right and by confronting him he may back off.Expire all possibilities before filing your complaint, you know he may just have an attraction to you and lacks the ability to meet women and made a poor judgment call.Lets say I was a waiter, I may give a woman a free drink or meal just to meet her and make the impression that Im a nice guy by giving her a freebee.Is that fair to all the other paying customers? Not really but Im trying to break the ice.I'll be the first to tell you that when a man works up the courage to confront a woman of interest he doesn't always shine like a prince, we do stupid shit all the time.Now Im not saying this is the case maybe this professor is a pervert and deserves to be taken down, but by confronting him face to face you will show strength and you may be surprised at the outcome.You will either sit him back in his chair and make him realize what he has done and that his actions are inappropriate(if indeed your initial assumptions are correct)or you come to find someone that you may want to get to know more if you are in a position to do so.Let me add that you should not be afraid to also let him know that if his intentions are not legitimate you will file a complaint with the school officials.Dont be worried about what he may do if he is some kind of weirdo, If the worst comes out of this there are police that will help you in these situations. You know there's a large percentage of people like this that when confronted that just spook and there's nothing to worry about. Finaly as I said before make sure that you know his intentions before you take action because I cant be certain but if you read between the lines of your story it almost sounds like he was making an attempt at a possible date, be it a poor one or not it remains a possibilty.
Reply from Scott bowhntr (Appleton - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 28, 2001 2:27 am

I know I sort of rambled on but one more thing.You may want to be sure also that your allegations are credible.It honestly doesn't sound like you have much more than a misinterpreted conversation at least that is what he might say and then you have nothing but a filed complaint that went nowhere.In the event that this was not an innocent attempt at a date you may want to ask fellow students or previous students if this has ever happened before. If you have one apple you cant bake a pie, but if you have a bushell everyone gets desert.
Reply from Scott bowhntr (Appleton - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC