how to write a letter to a friend

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Post by Archived Topic » Thu Dec 27, 2001 10:51 am

Hi guys! How are ya! my problem lies in writing about something. I'll explain a bit. I have a bunch of friends back in Sri Lanka. But I shifted to Pakistan 4 yrs later. Now I did write letters to them, and from all I did not get a single response, I wrote to all of them but 1 (I was Dissapointed at not getting a response from the rest so I decided not to bother with her.) When I did write to her she did respond! It was great for the 1st few letters.
Now, though, we've got caught up in work and all that, and we do communicate by email...but now I dont have topics to talk about, I'd like to keep everthing intresting. and I know that it isn't happening! It seems that the only things I CAN talk about is that which I do...and computers (my hobby). and I dont see that as General intresting conversation. So what are your opinions?

Mac - Lahore, Pakistan (currently)
Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:05 am

My advise is to start talking about other things such as: relationship(not about YOU YOU and YOU again!), you can ask their opinion. for example," Do Women think Men are always right?"....
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:20 am

Hello there, How have you been?
This is a little
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:34 am

No problem. Don't have any.
Erik Kowall
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:49 am

Besides talking about things you DO, why don't you try talking about things you feel or think. Talk about more personal things in your life. What kind of things did the two of you talk about when you lived in Sri Lanka?? My friends and I will talk about things we've done (e.g., what happened at work), but we also discuss things like relationships (with friends, lovers) and theories (our philosophies on the meaning of life or religion). If you want the conversations to stay interesting, and you want to remain friends, I suggest that you talk about things that interest the two of you, things that you used to talk about.

Julie
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 27, 2001 12:03 pm

yo
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 27, 2001 12:17 pm

I suggest reading widely. It might help you become more thoughtful, in the way of gaining perspective on issues of mutual interest, broadening your interests, achieving originality, developing humor, just becoming an over-all well-rounded interesting person.
Reply from Janice Patterson (Garland - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 27, 2001 12:32 pm

yo what'z up mynigg G what is u doin look nigga am herre just chillin
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 27, 2001 12:46 pm

what's up with you s**t not 2 much just sitting here chillin thanking about you.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 27, 2001 1:01 pm

Dear Mitchell,
I just wanted to say that I had a great time with you at the beach last week. Hope to see you next month so we can do it again. Oh yeah best wishes with your new place.
Love Arla
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC