To a ravishing librarian, that I'd like to know better.

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Post by Archived Topic » Wed Dec 26, 2001 2:41 am

You know me only as Mr. S***. I know you only as Ms. N****.
We know nothing about each other, but I have learned from our brief encounters these past few weeks that I would enjoy getting to know you better.

Though the counter separates us, I see the boundless energy that moves you at work, your warm smile that brightens the library and the patrons' day, the spark in your eyes that ignites such a passion in my heart.

It is my desire that we may meet in a more social setting. Please let me know if you share the same desire. A note, a smile, a wink, or a simple yes are all signs that I'd recognize.

Until our next meeting,

A

****Notes****
We have only met at the book checkout a half dozen times or so. I'm happy to report that she recognizes me, and knows my name without reading my library card.

She is radiant, and beautiful. Wears no ring that may identify her as being married, or seriously dating; and speaks with the most alluring/exotic of accents.
I fear that if I don't hurry up and ask her out someone else may have the same idea and do so before me.
I tried to ask her out last week as we made some small talk at the checkout desk, but there were so many other patrons around that I lost my nerve. I also think that it might be better to give her a note since she is at work and could read it at her leisure.

Name: Adam
Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 26, 2001 2:56 am

Tricky. If you just ask her for a date, she may say, "Four weeks from today." And the fact that she's not wearing a ring doesn't mean she's not been down the aisle quite a few times. However, I think your just asking her out is overdue - it may turn out fine. Honesty speaks volumes. So turn over a new leaf! Don't be spineless! Q. Pid
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:10 am

The worst that can happen is that she says, "Shhhh" Stu Pid
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:25 am

"How'd you like to check this out"
while waving package librarians are freaks for the sophisticated approach
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:39 am

That silver tongued devil is back.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:53 am

Ask her for coffee. It's harmless, public, and non-threatening. What do you have to lose?
Reply from Ann Burns (Jackson - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 26, 2001 4:08 am

Adam, there is a much simpler and more direct approach. Everyone here knows what you want from this librarian, so just slip her a twenty and wink.
Reply from Zachary Walls (Dixon - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 26, 2001 4:22 am

Adam, I like the the coffe idea, A public place will make her feel comfotable and if she says no well "E" for effort bro at least you tried.
Reply from Scott bowhntr (Appleton - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC