Invitation to a international country

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Post by Archived Topic » Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:03 am

Greetings from New York! I hope you are well and the sun shining on you! Your pretty smile caught my eye when I first saw your picture.
I am so happy that we are emailing and talking on the phone on weekends so we can get to know each other better. It’s funny that we are 12 hours difference apart!

I’ve never been to Kazakhstan but I have heard Almaty is very beautiful. I have some vacation time that I can use up at this present time. I would like to come and visited you during the Christmas Season and celebrate the New Year with you, Ting! Also, I like to see some other places of the picture you sent me. Hope you are a good dancer?

Here is a little about my background; I was born and raised in Birmingham, England and moved to America in 1989. My love is dance and romance in laughter!
I am employed at Blumberg Excelsior in Downtown, New York., in which is a family owned legal suppliers since 1887. My position is Assistant Products Manager in the Software Department, this will be my 3rd year at the company. I enclosed my business card (I am still waiting for a new card with my new title and correct company email address).
Well Ting, I am looking forward to meet you soon

Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:17 am

It's almost an impossible task to rewrite a personal message of this kind. My only suggestion is that you re-read it carefully and eliminate the three or four careless mistakes you have made ("...looking forward to meet you...").

You would be surprised at how many basic errors most people make when they are typing (I don't exclude myself here either). It's always worth re-reading what you have just written in order to catch them before you send off your text. (Reading a printout is often more effective for doing this than reading the same text on the screen.)
Reply from Erik Kowal ( - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:32 am

OK
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC