Letter to Judge for Son

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Letter to Judge for Son

Post by Archived Topic » Tue Dec 25, 2001 10:08 pm

Dear Judge McLaughlin,

On Thursday, September 25, 2002, my son Mxxxx“Shawn” Gxxxxx, is scheduled to appear before your court for sentencing. I had hoped to attend this with him, but the Fortune 50 company I work for, is rapidly laying off their employee, after our stock prices took a tremendous drop within the past few months, which makes me feel that I better stick around to see if how far my 401k sinks too. I hope you will read what I have to say about him.

Your Honor, it’s not my intent to argue the facts of his case, instead I will do the best I can to communicate to you my son's real character.

(is that okay as a start??) Help Needed ASAP!

BELLBABY
ORLANDO
Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Letter to Judge for Son

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 10:22 pm

Dear Judge McLaughlin,

On Thursday, September 25, 2002, my son Mxxxx“Shawn” Gxxxxx, is scheduled to appear before your court for sentencing. I had hoped to attend, but the Fortune 500 company I work for, is rapidly laying off their employees, after our stock prices took a tremendous drop within the past few months. This which makes me feel that I better stick around to see if how far my 401k sinks, too. I hope you will read what I have to say about him.

Your Honor, it’s not my intent to argue the facts of his case, instead I will do the best I can to communicate to you my son's real character.

---Good, I don't know if I would mention the Fortune 500, but it works. A few gramatical errors, but I corrected them. Good luck.

Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Letter to Judge for Son

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 10:37 pm

Dear Judge McLaughlin,

On Thursday, 26 September 2002, my son Mugger “Shawn” Grockle is scheduled to appear before your court for sentencing in connection with a particularly revolting crime which (and he assures me on his mother’s life) he did NOT – repeat NOT – commit. I mean that most sincerely.

I had hoped to attend your court today and support my son while the fate of his entire physical, emotional and economic future – not to mention moral development – is decided at your hands (prisons in the USA not being notable for their improving potential), but the Fortune 500 company I work for (PS – in the accounts department) is rapidly laying off its employees after our stock prices took a tremendous drop during the past few months due to some, well, rather satisfying – I mean, substantial – but essentially well-intentioned – embezzlement of a fairly light-hearted nature. (Though I’m afraid I’m not free to say more on that subject for now! Just don’t believe everything you’re liable to read in the papers… Though I guess you would know that, being a judge, with all the stories about weird judges and their decisions and everything, especially down here in Texas and all – but I digress.)

Anyhow, despite everything that’s going down before you in the courtroom today (perhaps including my own dear loin-fruit, my darling Mugger), I feel like I’d better stick around in the accounts office today to see how far my 401k sinks as well after the third-quarter results are announced. After all, my own financial future and needs are important too!

Your Honor, it’s not my intent to argue the facts of Mugger’s case, instead I will do the best I can to communicate to you my son's real character and tell you he did NOT beat up, rape, imprison, torture, decapitate and dismember those 7 crack whores (in any case from what I read in the papers afterwards they fully deserved it).

So I hope you will believe me (or at least not actually disbelieve me) when I say that Mugger is basically a good boy who has been led astray by bad company (need I say more?). What is more, he is always kind to animals, except by accident. What more can I say?

I hope you will read what I have to say about him and understand the truth of what I’m saying.

Yours most truly and humbly,

Mrs Andrea Grockle (Ms)
(Concerned mother of six darling boys)
PS – If you swing it the right way I’ll make it well worth your while (need I say more?).

Reply from Erik Kowal ( - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Letter to Judge for Son

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 10:51 pm

The only thing I would add is to show copies to the local chapter of the ACLU and possibly to the Reverends Sharpton and Jackson. Otherwise, impeccably done, Erik! You are definitely picking up the flavor of living in the U.S. *G*

Leif, WA, USA
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Letter to Judge for Son

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 11:05 pm

The draft letter fails to give any evidence of the son's character, instead focusing on the parent's problem, which is irrelevant.

just say "my job prevents me from attending the court
IF TRUE. Otherwise trash the letter and attend court!
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Letter to Judge for Son

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 11:20 pm

Could someone help me write a letter to a judge in regards to my son sentancing

Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Letter to Judge for Son

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 11:34 pm

Judge, just because my son is an axe murdering pedophile
doesn't mean he's not a good person. I tried to beat some
sense into him every day with a horsewhip.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Letter to Judge for Son

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 11:49 pm

Now THAT brings back some memories.
Reply from Zachary Walls (Dixon - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC