grievance

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

grievance

Post by Archived Topic » Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:58 pm

Please Help Me Write This Letter. MY Supervisor threaten to fire me while I was in the hospital. In addition she shared details of my illness with coworkers. I am filing a grievance. I have to provide details of what happen (dates and places of occurrence) how this interferes with my ability to do my job and how this effected my health

On ------, 2002, I was admitted to ---------hospital for a serious illness. On ------------, 2002 I notified supervisor of my hospitalization. In addition I shared my diagnosis with her. On -----------------2002 My supervisor called and said you need to complete the Medical Leave form and fax the form to the office of personnel. She said, If I did not complete this form I could lose my job

I was so disturb by what she said. The on-duty nurse could see I was visibly shaken by my phone conversation with my supervisor. The nurse immediately reported this incident to my physician.

My doctor immediately telephoned my supervisor to let her know that I was very ill, and to asked that she direct all questions concerning my absence to the residing physician.

My mother telephoned my supervisor to request that she mail any forms concerning medical leave to our home address. During the course of their conversation my supervisor informed my mother if I did not complete the medical leave form I could lose my job.

On ---------- 2002 I returned to work and discovered my supervisor had provided details of my illness with the entire staff.

Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

grievance

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:13 pm

Dear (-), I failed to note in your written description any point in which your supervisor threatened to fire you. I believe she was doing her job in informing you of the consequences of failing to fill out the forms and submit them. I am guessing that you took her comments to mean that you were going to be fired. You will have to think back over this and decide for sure what she said. As to her disclosing details of your illness, I think she was off-base there, but don't see what you are going to gain for filing a grievance except to cause further animosity between you two. If I have mistaken the contents of your request, please let us know.

Leif, WA, USA
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

grievance

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:27 pm

Actually, I think you should just go to your union rep. and file that grievance. The nerve of some employers these days! (p.s. -- what kind of site is this anyway?)

SHE,
WDW-FL

Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

grievance

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:41 pm

On thinksgiving night at work. As the right thing to do I asked my supervisor for a time out to rest from effects of my medication. Told me to go to a room for this. Checked on me later and said go home. Asked to wait till this girl takes with and I'l go home but said no. so I left.
Supervisor went to this girl after I left and disclosed personal info. and made fale accusations that I'm dangerous and gosip to others. Because of society's steriotype and the supervisor's
Next night I was told I was to take leave of absence. At this time I'd already found out what was don to me. I did'n have to take leave and didn't need it. But now I'd nown every one was scared of me so now I couldn't face anyone and it forced me to exept the leave and damage still existed and Dr. hadn't released me cause the hostile was still there at work and my leave was up. I put in for an extention on my leave and it didn't get aproved. Jobless now plus has caused me a phobia to society in short. I feel past suicidel.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC