letter of acknowledgement of acceptance of invitation

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Post by Archived Topic » Tue Dec 25, 2001 6:32 pm

Dear Sir,
we are happy that you have accepted our invitation to be the master of ceremony at the --------- festival 2000.

You will be paid a total of $100.00 for the services rendered. Should you further information concerning the event please contact Miss. Jones at

Thank you for your co-operation

yours faithfully

Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 6:46 pm

'Dear Sir' needs to be replaced by 'Dear Mr. X', where X is the surname of the MC. The inconsistent capitalisation of sentences needs to be corrected. The words 'master of ceremony' should be 'Master of Ceremonies', and 'festival' should be 'Festival'. There is no full stop after 'Miss', but there should be one after 'co-operation'. However, the tone of the last sentence is wrong - it would be much better to write 'Thank you for agreeing to take on this role'. The phrase 'for the services rendered' is redundant and should be omitted - in any case, the usual expression is 'for services rendered'. 'Should you further information' ought to read 'Should you need further information'.
Reply from Erik Kowal ( - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:01 pm

'Dear Millennium Travel & promotions' I, have recieved a free trip fron 'TSN' which I'd like to use in June around 24th or 25th of this year. The trip is to Las Vegas Nevada for 3 days and 2 nights .My request must be submitted to you within twenty-one days of recieving the gift ,the date

this trip was given is April 12th 2003. Your speed response to my request would be greatly appreciated .
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:29 pm

Dear ,

Grand Master ______ Martial Arts studio request the honor of your presence at the 23rd Annual Junior Grand Championship which will be held on Saturday, March 13, 2004 a ______ College. This event is held each year to honor and showcase children and young adults who excel at the Olympic sport of Martial Arts. You will also be recognized with a personalized plaque in appreciation of your support.
As our special guest we welcome you to make a motivational speech or introductory remarks.

Sincerely,

Grand Master _______

Reply from S Ledford (Rome - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:44 pm

Dear Grandma,

How are you doing? I have been...
Reply from Zachary Walls (Dixon - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC