Ebay auction letter

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Ebay auction letter

Post by Archived Topic » Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:01 am

Hi,

Your are the winning bidder on the paint selant. The total is $18.90($14.95sealant plus $3.95 shipping). I can accept payment one of four ways: money order, personal checks, cash, and paypal. My paypal account is onestepper@earthlink.com and the last name on the account is Dege. Send all other forms of payment to : Mike Dege 6626 Morning View Ct. Alexandria, VA 22315. With the payment please include your Ebay user name so that I can keep track of your payment. Also, send a return e-mail so that I know I have your correct e-mail address. If you have any question concering detailing please don't hesitate to ask me.

Thank You,

Mike Dege
Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Ebay auction letter

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:15 am

Provided you are certain you have asked for all the information you need, your text seems basically fine to me, apart from minor misspellings ('selant' and 'concering'), the lack of gaps between words in '$18.90($14.95sealant', and writing 'Paypal' as 'paypal'.

On the other hand, I'm unclear as to what you mean by 'detailing'. Do you mean "If you require any further details please ask me"?
Reply from Erik Kowal (Reading - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Ebay auction letter

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:29 am

Oh - and "Your are the winning bidder.." ---> "You are the winning bidder...".
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ebay auction letter

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:44 am

Congratulations, Erik. Just what are you intending to do with all this inexpensive sealant? Hope this is not a variation of a Poe wine cellar plan! Think I might suggest to Kerri that she email me daily with a codeword as to her health! *G*
Reply from Leif Thorvaldson (Eatonville - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ebay auction letter

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:58 am

She won't if she adopts your slogan from a former life, 'Seal my lips!'.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Ebay auction letter

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 8:13 am

CONGRATULATIONS
I may give them two shipping choices with prices if the package is heavy...Priority- and Parcel Post..like
Shipping choices:
Priority---$10.35---2 days
Parcel Post---$7.20---8 days
Your Item & Priority total is:
With insurance--$
Without--$
Your Item & Parcel Post total is
With Insurance--$
Without---$
In your reply please let me know which method from the items description you are going to use to pay and when Im can expect to receive it.
Thanks
My Name & address in case they are going to pay by check or money order.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC