what is the benefits of computer? Help!

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Post by Archived Topic » Fri Dec 21, 2001 4:37 am

can anyone tell me what is the benefits of computer...as i have to write a compulsory paragraph based on it... while i really have no idea
Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 4:51 am

You should do your own homework. Being lazy won't get you anywhere.
Reply from Erik Kowal (Reading - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 5:05 am

Computers are interesting things, and their benefits are numerous. Let's look at a few areas of their usage.
Before I started using a computer, I typed with 2 fingers. After about a week of being on the computer, I was using all of them. It was important to see the screen at the same time I was typing, especially when 3 or 4 on-line chat windows were open at the same time. I didn't want to miss a word anyone was saying. Therefore my style and typing speed took a quantum leap.
If I wanted to know the meaning of the phrase "quantum leap" I could go to a search engine and educate myself about it's meaning, within a few minutes.
I made a friend last year who came from Taiwan. He had to go back, but I talk to him every once in a while by way of the computer. We chat back and forth, as if we were sitting across a table. He has made arrangements to stay at our house next year, when he returns.
Before computers, I needed to spend large amounts of time at a library, or reading through numerous books for bibliography references, in order to get just the right information for a research paper. Now, I can go to a search engine online, press a few buttons, and have thousands of references to pick and choose from at my fingertips.
If I wish to fix my bicycle, I can print out exact instructions for my make and model. Plus any special tools, and how I can improvise when I havent got the right ones.
If I want to know what that lump is on my backside, I can determine that quite accurately as well.
Finally,when I have put off my reports until the last possible minute, I can get all the needed information and can have it ready before breakfast is over.
People see what they want to see. Some only see the computer as a grim monster, ready to attach itself to a person, dragging him to destruction. It can be exactly that. I would rather think of the possibilities that could now be if Mr Newton, and Mr Einstein had in front of them the little box I am typing on now.
I heard a song once which encouraged me to "stop and smell the roses along the way". In this respect, the computer is the worlds greatest garden. Any can enter, & all can smell the roses there. Good luck on your paper
.................................D. Wilson inspector2slo@ yahoo.com

Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 5:20 am

hay fucken ass do u r work ur self and by the way ur sending message on computer and do not know his benefits strange
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 5:34 am

Are you kidding?
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC