Resume

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Resume

Post by Archived Topic » Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:01 am

WORK OBJECTIVE: To work with a company where I can continue to make a positive contribution at a high level, which includes applying my proven skills and knowledge in computer, CAD Sales/Marketing and Administration to an employer, conscious of an image for sales growth.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: · Communicate well both verbally over the phone and in person. · Extensive use of most common software systems, word, publisher, excel, outlook including extensive use of the World Wide Web.· Maintained and controlled all creditors and debtors including, company accounts · The set up and everyday running of MYOB accounting program for a number of business · Assisted in over the phone technical support queries. · Management of over a 400 client data base · Managed and consulted in most sides of computers, software and CAD consumables, resulting in increased company sales · Organization and setup of new product presentations, for all major clients. · Data impute for numerous companies here in Australia and Europe · Implemented training programs for those new and experienced in the Architectural, Engineering, design field · Having to work within time limits and schedules· Most standard hospitality, waitressing tasks · Food preparation cold larder, entrée’s, deserts, for functions, parties, and resturant patrons. Also preparation of specific foods for nursing home patience's· Live in home career for elderly ladies

Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Resume

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:15 am

Maybe they do things differently in Oz, but all resumes I've seen have tended to list the various jobs the person has done, stating name of employer, period of employment and job title as a heading and then underneath listing what the job entailed. That would make it a bit more readable.

Once you've done that, pass it under the spellcheck. For instance, I'm sure you mean nursing home patients.
Reply from Meirav Barkan (London - England)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Resume

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:29 am

"making a positive contribution at a high level" is too vague
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Resume

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:44 am

"Communicate well both verbally over the phone and in person!" Ha ha! You make me laugh!
Reply from Kerri Quinton (Wichita - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Resume

Post by Archived Reply » Fri Dec 21, 2001 1:58 am

It might help to refer to any one of the "How to build a resume" type books available. They'll provide a visual representation of what Meirav described. It will also need more than just a spell-check. (The spell-check would suggest "patience" for "patience's", which would still be wrong, unless he/she is going for a Golum effect, in which case the original would be more appropriate.)
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC