Non profits Cover letter

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Non profits Cover letter

Post by Archived Topic » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:22 am

I recently read about [your organization]'s search for a development officer in the [periodical]. I admire [your organization]'s efforts to encourage contraceptive use and bring affordable, accessible contraceptive options to those who need them. Through my work with the [my organization], I have learned a great deal about the state of family planning in the world and the need for non-profits to continue to tackle family planning and women's health from every direction.

In my current position as the Development Assistant for the [my organization], I research prospects with a who may have an interest in endowing a institute for contraceptive research. I have particularly enjoyed working with a new start up organization, and with our Managing Director, [DA Name]. My technology and research skills complimented her experience with major donors, and we worked well together to build a strong development organization. Initially my office management responsibilities had to take precedence, but since [my organization]'s move to Rockville, I spend the majority of my time implementing the board's strategic plan to identify individuals who have made a very significant commitment to conservation issues, but have yet to form an interest in population.

Before joining [my organization], I worked in politics, first to organize young people to support the Democratic Party, and later as a voice for young professionals at the [former organization]. As [my organization] enters a new phase of development, I have begun looking for new challenges. I admire [your organization]'s work to bring awareness and contraceptive products to underserved communities. I hope that my experience cultivating major donor gifts, as well as my exposure to population issues would make me a strong member of [your organization]'s development team. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you about [your organization]. Thank you for your consideration.

Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Non profits Cover letter

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:37 am

Here are a few suggestions (highlighted by the use of asterisks) for you. Good luck!

I recently read about [your organization]'s search for a development officer in the [periodical]. I admire [your organization]'s efforts to encourage contraceptive use and *provide* affordable, accessible contraceptive options to those who need them. Through my work with the [my organization], I have learned a great deal about the state of family planning in the world*,* and *understand/see/believe in* the need for *organizations* to continue *tackling* family planning and women's health *issues* from every direction.

In my current position as the Development Assistant for the [my organization], I research prospects *--strike with a* who may have an interest in endowing a*n* institute for contraceptive research. I have particularly enjoyed working with a new *strike, it's redundant - start up* organization, *name the new org. here*, and with our Managing Director, [DA Name]. My technology and research skills compl*e*mented her experience with major donors, and we worked well together to build a strong development organization. Initially my office management responsibilities *took* precedence, but since [my organization]'s move to Rockville, I spend the majority of my time implementing the board's strategic plan *by* identify*ing* individuals who have made a *strike - very* significant commitment to conservation issues, but have yet to form an interest in population *control*.

Before joining [my organization], I worked in politics, first *organizing* young people *in* support *of* the Democratic Party, and later as a voice for young professionals at the [former organization]. As [my organization] enters a new phase of development, I have begun looking for new challenges. I admire [your organization]'s work to *increase* awareness and *provide* contraceptive products to underserved communities. I hope that my experience cultivating major donor gifts, as well as my exposure to population issues would make me a strong member of [your organization]'s development team. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you about [your organization]. Thank you for your consideration.

Reply from Kerri Quinton (Wichita - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC