I wana' be wealthy

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

I wana' be wealthy

Post by Archived Topic » Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:25 am

Mr. President;

Given the fact that you have never had an FAA administrator who was a qualified pilot, I think it is time for you to consider my resume.

I have served the aviation community for 35 years, as a mechanic and as a pilot. I have been involved in general and corporate aviation, and the regional airlines. Having paid my dues, I believe it is high time for me to become the administrator of the FAA.

Two purposes will be served by my appointment: 1) The FAA will be better off with me at its head, since I think there is a far better way to administer a monster than through the normal bureaucracy, and 2) I will accomplish my personal goal of becoming a wealthy big shot.

Subsequent to my term, I intend to serve as a lobbyist for aviation manufacturers, thus fattening my retirement program.

Sir, if you value the safety of the flying public as much as I do, you will appoint me forthwith.

Your humble servant,

Dave Butler, etc. (removes tongue from cheek)

Submitted by ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

I wana' be wealthy

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:39 am

Mr Butler! Our government bureaucrats are above such crass things as aggrandizing personal wealth from their positions in our beloved government. Witness our President's never having had a job other than his unselfish, public service and must rely on hand-to-mouth contributions to survive.
Reply from Leif Thorvaldson (Eatonville - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

I wana' be wealthy

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 20, 2001 9:53 am

I think you left out one thing from your letter that would prove you were indeed a spectacular pilot and therefore qualified for the position you seek... and that is the extent of your alcoholism.
P.S. when you receive your appointment, would you please do something about the outrageous airfares to and from Wichita?
Reply from Kerri Quinton (Wichita - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

I wana' be wealthy

Post by Archived Reply » Thu Dec 20, 2001 10:08 am

Did someone say alcohol?
Reply from Zachary Walls (Dixon - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC