Resume

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

Resume

Post by Archived Topic » Wed Dec 19, 2001 8:56 pm

Dear Wizard(s): I simply wish to know what the phrase, "position terminated" means. May I use it interchangably with "fired"? (I was a machinist and fired for refusing to clean the washrooms any longer.)Thank-you in advance for your help. P.S. I'm knew to this site but am very impressed thus far. Angela.
Submitted by Angela Tanner (Grimsby - Canada)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

Resume

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 19, 2001 9:10 pm

Position terminated looks like a euphemism. But it may not be interchangeable with fired. Think about it.
However this is better discussed in The Word Wizard Clubhouse.
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

Resume

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 19, 2001 9:25 pm

If you knew how knew I was when I read this you wood no that I no too that position terminated means time to stand up. . . er stand up for yourself that is and say, well they decided they didn't need a lav assistant anymore when the machinist decided not to do work outside of his/her said job description. I would say you resigned due to job responsibilities and duties not matching original job description, requirements, and job title, not to mention the job not being in your field or even requiring your skills as a machinist. Or perhaps simply put, company mistakenly meant to hire a janitor, delusional person in management hired you, a machinist, accidently and when you pointed out the discrepancy someone had to sing in the tea chest because someone had said mattress to Mr. Lambert again.
Reply from Sabine Harmann (Elkhorn, WI - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Resume

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 19, 2001 9:39 pm

Sabine: Does it get really lonely in your part of WI. Shouldn't you get out more? *G*
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC