The Saturday Clinic

This formerly read-only archive of threads dates back to 1996, but as of March 2007 is open to new postings. For technical reasons, the early dates shown do not accurately reflect the actual date of posting.

Feel free to add new postings to any of the existing threads in the archived forums, but please create any new language-related threads in one of the Language Discussion Forums.

The Saturday Clinic

Post by Archived Topic » Wed Dec 19, 2001 5:49 pm

From Ethan B. Ruben, M.D., FAAP, Pediatrician, and
Marion B. Runcan, Ed.D. Special Education Consultant

We are a husband and wife team who run a Saturday AM Clinic for the evaluation of children with special educational needs. We are looking for ideas for a Logo for this project. The term "Saturday's Child" ame to mind, but I cannot remember the source. I believe "Friday's Child" is full of grace. Anyone out there with ideas to promote this project? Its a private endeavor of ours, but we're in it mainly as a community service in a state and town which can certainly use help with services for children with special needs.

I'm new to this network, but look forward to any response.

Ethan and Marion (Duncan) Ruben
Submitted by Ethan Ruben (Tuscaloosa, AL - U.S.A.)
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Topic imported and archived

The Saturday Clinic

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:03 pm

"A lesson a day" - says that even though its the wkend, learning never stops, or for that matter, "Never Stop" as in learning - something encouraging - kids are apt to think why do i have to go in on a saturday, so it should tell them why its important to get evaluated - they can learn more about themselves - what do they get out of it? it should be very clearly indicated to them - or else you're just telling them that they're "special" - alot of kids don't like that they feel different already -hope this sounds reasonable
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

The Saturday Clinic

Post by Archived Reply » Wed Dec 19, 2001 6:17 pm

"Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child must work for a living.
But a child that's born on the Sabbath day
Is fair and wise and good and gay."
-- Old English nursery rhyme.
Hi, Marion. You probably don't remember me - Cornelia, a red-blond Bostonian from the fitness spa in Vermont. I was going through my email lists and saw your name. I see you are still in Alabama and that you are still in special ed projects. I remember enjoying chatting with you while we were up at Fox Run. My son has a learning disability and we talked about your evaluation clinic.

I finally went for a gastric bypass and have regained a lot of confidence as I lost 100 pounds. I'm in much better shape now!

I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment. I love the South and visited Georgia with a daughter last year - gorgeous country, why is it so hot?! Was it you who told about the Senior Olympics being in Birmingham one year?

Best regards,
Cornelia Robart
Somerville, MA
Cornelia1@rcn.com
Reply from ( - )
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Reply imported and archived

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC