f* jew bastard

Read anything good recently? You don't have to write a review. If it was good, mention it here. If it was rotten, mention it here.

Please include both the name of the book and its author(s) in the title of your posting. Our gratitude for your considerateness will be your reward!

f* jew bastard

Post by dalehileman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Reports are rife that although she denies it Hillary had shouted this scurrilous phrase at a colleague. As it was news to me I was astounded to first learn of it in How to Talk to a Liberal by Ann Coulter; for if it were true, notwithstanding a quarter of a million Ghits I would expect the incident to surface everyday in the media. Why doies it not
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Re: f* jew bastard

Post by russcable » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:56 pm

I'll probably regret posting in this thread, but...

Googling hillary "jew bastard" only gives me 5,040 hits - what are you doing to get 250,000?
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Ken Greenwald » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Russ and Dale, Just for the record, at 5,000 feet (Fort Collins, Colorado) and with mostly sunny skies and winds SSW at 10 MPH. I'm getting ~14,000 Ghits (for J.b.).

Ken - June 3, 2008
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by dalehileman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:24 pm

When I Googled

hillary f* jew bastard

I got the quarter-million hits. Probably I'm misusing the "*" as various other entries give only a few thousand hits as you observe. Sometimes I'm baffled by the Google responses. Can anyone provide a lhink to the Google page explaining proper use of the wildcard

But mainly can anyone explain why the media have been so reluctant to report her outrageous oath
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by PhilHunt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Probably no-one has reported it because there is no proof and it would amount to slander against a very powerful lady.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: That which we cannot speak of, must be passed over in silence...or else tweeted.

Post by Erik_Kowal » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:52 pm

You can narrow down the hits much more precisely by Googling Hillary "fucking jew bastard". This will take you to many web pages which describe in detail the alleged circumstances.

Although it would reflect pretty poorly on Hillary Clinton's character if she did actually direct these words at a colleague, I am rather glad that they have not been widely reported, for the following reasons:

1) It (allegedly) happened a long time ago (1974);
2) It would be another distraction from the reporting of substantive political issues -- as if we didn't already have enough of those;
3) Such reportage would be primarily for the purposes of dragging her character through the mud. It would be unfortunate if the media allowed itself to become enmeshed by the Republican anti-Hillary propaganda machine over an issue that could only promote the Republican cause. The fact that Ann Coulter, a shameless Republican propagandist (you cannot call her a journalist), has zeroed in on it, is a clear demonstration of the uses that her ilk are already making of it.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: -- Looking up a word? Try OneLook's metadictionary (--> definitions) and reverse dictionary (--> terms based on your definitions)8-- Contribute favourite diary entries, quotations and more here8 -- Find new postings easily with Active Topics8-- Want to research a word? Get essential tips from experienced researcher Ken Greenwald

Post by Ken Greenwald » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:21 pm

Dale, As you have so often advised so many of us over the years on how to do a Google search, it is very surprising that you have to ask for advice on such matters. As you would say, try searching for “GOOGLE SEARCH USING WILDCARDS” or anything resembling that.

As for the charge against Hillary, it first appeared in the book Inside the Complex Marriage of Bill and Hillary Clinton (2000) by Jerry Oppenheimer, celebrity biographer and former National Enquirer reporter (Isn’t that the supermarket tabloid that used to run such headlines as ‘Two-headed California Girl has Sex with Martian’?). It refers to a purported incident that occurred back in 1974 (the year before Bill and Hillary were married) when Hillary supposedly used the slur in a fit of anger against Bill’s Baptist campaign worker, Paul Fray, after Bill Clinton lost his first race for Congress in Arkansas.

Anyway, if nothing has come of this allegation, true or false, since it was first made, and after nearly 8 years of what I am sure has been intense probing, why should anyone be giving it much credence now? And, incidentally, from what I’ve read, I think that Jerry Oppenheimer, Ann Coulter, and National Enquirer have a lot in common.

Ken – June 4, 2008
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by russcable » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:38 pm

dalehileman wrote:When I Googled

hillary f* jew bastard

... Probably I'm misusing the "*"
What did you think it was going to do? It should match any words that start with f. Without quotes, it's really wide open...

I watched my bastard of a gardener plant some wandering jew while Edmond Hillary climbed a foreign mountain.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Wizard of Oz » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:13 am

.. in order to continue the exact science of googling things to add power to anything I again conducted the Downunder google .. I was not squeamish about using all the words and googled >> fucking jewish bastard hillary clinton .. result ?? .. about 589 gooits .. BUT the most interesting thing that did appear on my search was this wonderful piece of political correctness explained .. and isn't it wonderful how the rich and almost famous can get away with anything but others get shafted .. how long ago has nothing to do with it .. just ask Hitler ..

WoZ in Aus 05/06/08
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by dalehileman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Erik: I was merely expressing bewilderment that the incident hasn't been exploited by the politicos in this milleu of no-holds-barred attrition where a candidate is freely attacked not for something he himself did but by something his pastor says

Russ: Of course I forgot to use quotes, which produced virtually no hits at all. I supose someday I shall have to commence a studyof the wildcard as Ken so helpfully suggests from the rarified atmosphere of Ft Collins. However, I was appalled to find no pertinent link on Google's home page, capitulating out of utter laziness

Phil: As for fear of the lawsuit, evidently Ann and a few others equally vulnerable were enough convinced. However, I'd agree that the awe of devastating power is a factor, much as it was in the case of Kennedy and chappaquiddick
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Tony Farg » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:42 am

She can still win!
I believe that as powerfully as I believe I can save our local post office, but I guess the odds are roughly similar.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:45 pm

Actually Tony she has more chance of winning than you have of saving your local post office!

You can tell me about your battle Saturday.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales

Post by Wizard of Oz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:01 am

.. Tony .. she's gone .. bring on the Post Office !! .. funnily, but not all that surprisingly, I find the demise of your Post Office a greater tragedy for the common man than the demise of the cigarman's wife ..

Bob I am bloody jealous that you and Tony will most likely, but not certainly given your recently acquired Rechabite leanings, be downing a few pints in the local in an attempt no doubt to forget last weekends Rugby .. *grin* .. we play the Irish next weekend but Scotland fell to the Pumas ..

WoZ in Aus 09/06/08
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Post by Tony Farg » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:44 pm

I hope you meant "a week on Sunday", Bob.

WoZ: I say again: she can still win. I daren't stop believing that, because, yes, her odds are better than mine in my task.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by Bobinwales » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:50 pm

Of course I did Tony, we will be there on the 22nd.

And I'm still rooting for Hillary, I have got five quid on her winning!
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: All those years gone to waist!
Bob in Wales