favourite bumper stickers

We've created this area in the hope of seeing material ranging from some well-told (or well retold) jokes to original writing with a humorous slant, or anything else that might appeal to the kind of person who enjoys playing with words more than people. That probably means someone like yourself. N.B. -- Postings preceded by ** contain some sexual or risqué content. (Makes them easier to find.)

Post by Ken Greenwald » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:53 am

In Sunday's New York Times (January 27), in his On Language column, William Safire discussed America's infatuation with the word 'change' and mentioned a popular bumper sticker, that I had never seen, but which I immediatel liked:
[h]Regime Change Begins at Home[/h]

Ken G - January 30, 2008
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by kagriffy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:38 pm

I saw one a few months ago that I liked. To set it up, though, I'll have to fill everyone in on the political climate here in Illinois: Our Governor, Rod Blagojevich (pronounced "bluh-GOY-uh-vitch") has not made many friends, especially among down-staters. He refuses to live in the Executive Mansion here in Springfield--he spends all his time in Chicago. Even though his party (the Democrats) controls both houses in the General Assembly, there is so much in-fighting between him and the legislature that nothing ever gets accomplished. In short, he has made a lot of enemies. That pretty much explains the bumper sticker:
[h]Buck Flagojevich[/h]
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature:
K. Allen Griffy
Springfield, Illinois (USA)

Post by Phil White » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:55 pm

Sported at the height of the "I also brake for animals" bumper-sticker-craze by a shall-remain-nameless interpreter colleague in Brussels:

"Je frein aussi pour les Belges" (I also brake for Belgians).
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS
Signature: Phil White
Non sum felix lepus

Post by gdwdwrkr » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:02 pm

I LOVE ANIMALS
THEY'RE DELICIOUS
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

Post by trolley » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 pm

If we weren't supposed to eat animals, God would not have made them out out of meat.
ACCESS_POST_ACTIONS

ACCESS_END_OF_TOPIC